The Y is committed to helping everyone achieve their potential. Financial assistance, to the extent possible, is available for those needing assistance in paying for the full cost of a YMCA program or membership. Please ask for a confidential scholarship application at the Welcome Center at any branch. All Y members receive the same membership benefits, regardless of scholarship assistance.
Financial assistance is available to anyone based on family income, number of household members, and the availability of Y funds. It is provided fairly and openly on a first come, first served basis.
How to Apply
Stop by the Welcome Center at your YMCA. To process your application, please provide the following information:
- Copy of last year's tax return
- Copy of 3 current pay stub or
- Copy of social security or disability check
- Letter stating why you need assistance
- Membership Application (download PDF)
- Confidential Financial Assistance Application (download PDF)
The Y will review the application to determine your financial assistance eligibility, and you will be contacted by your local branch if your award has been approved.