Youth Swim Lessons
Imagine watching your child swim across the pool for the first time. Or learn a new stroke that they didn't think they could ever do. When your kids take a swim lesson with the Y, they’ll gain confidence and learn new skills in a fun, caring environment. Not to mention the benefits of staying active and healthy!
At the Y we offer a wide range of swimming options for the whole family. Classes are divided into ability groups and trained instructors emphasize personal safety, swimming skills, endurance and social skills while guiding with praise and encouragement. The Monroeville Area YMCA makes water safety a priority for our community. Participants begin with a swim test to determine their current swimming level and will develop new skills at each level through progressive formatted lessons.
As the Y invented the concept of swim lessons, there is no organization more qualified to teach children aquatic safety. Our classes include five main components:
- Personal safety: Activities that help increase awareness of personal safety issues for both child and parent
- Personal growth: Activities that help child and parent grow in spirit, mind, and body, including character development
- Stroke development: Activities that improve swimming abilities so children can move in the water safely
- Water sports and games: Activities to develop an appreciation of aquatic activities for a lifetime of fun in the water, including age-appropriate games.
- Rescue: Activities that build awareness of how to help others in aquatic emergencies
Swim to play. Swim to live.
PRIVATE LESSONS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE!
Private lessons are offered for those who are looking for one-on-one instruction or those who just need that extra push to learn how to swim.
*Swim Lessons are only OFFERED during the summer months*
For more information please contact Justin Marshall - Program Director
Email: [email protected]